Sunday 11 April 2010

Wild Hoopoe chase

Having finished work at 4:30 pm, grabbed a quick shower, headed off to Marloes with scope,
bins & camera. Stuart was already there. "There`s a load of Hoopoes at the Slate Mill" he said.
"Oh yeah" I casually replied, scanning for the Green winged Teal, whilst at the same time thinking this was a years supply of Hoopoes in one hit. "Could they still be there?". I thought & said at the same time. "It was on the blog this morning" said Stuart, "there`s one at Butterhill farm too" this was simply too close to home to ignore. I was at Slate Mill in 2 mins.
Nothing! surely something had to be there. After 10 mins Stuart arrived having been down to Butterhill. Nothing! We departed having considered all the possibilities of wrong ID, bad luck, mis- information etc. So, the"promise" of photos is something to put me out of my suspense!
Over to you Rosemary!!