Sunday 16 October 2011

Skomer



Another good day! Highlight was this pretty tame Red-backed Shrike munching its way through Skomer's Bumblebee population over at Bull Hole.


I'm pretty sure there's a Siberian Stonechat in North Valley - I saw a bird in the distance yesterday evening that looked interesting but when I got closer all I found was a Whinchat & I just assumed I'd messed it up, but I saw it again briefly this morning & it looks good but I didn't get enough on it & I couldn't find it again this evening.


Lots of birds on the move early on - 175 Skylarks, 50 Blue tits, 60 Chaffinches & 45 Greenfinches & a good scattering of migrants around - 12 Chiffchaffs, 1 very late Willow Warbler, a Yellow-browed Warbler again briefly & a Lapland Bunting

1 ring-tail Hen Harrier came in to roost this evening