Thursday 2 November 2017

Marloes peninsula

An hour at Martin's Haven first thing, a couple of sizeable flocks of Woodpigeon going east, lots of Starlings & Jackdaws going to and from Skomer, Chaffinches & Skylarks over in small groups.  Highlight was a female Merlin out at Wooltack Point.  A flock of around 80 Lapwing on the fields at Trehill.

After lunch I scoured Dale village, and was rewarded with a Black Redstart on the rooftops (appalling photo, I know).  Also a male Blackcap and a Chiffchaff.  Very little at Dale Fort, so on to the Gann where there were 2 late Northern Wheatears on the beach, 10 Bar-tailed Godwits, 5 Black-tailed Godwits, 5 Greenshank & the first Goldeneye of the autumn there for me.

For the first time in a while, I didn't go to St. Bride's!

On 30th October I had 4 Greenland White-fronted Geese fly over Martin's Haven towards Marloes Mere.