Wednesday 30 May 2018

The Skomer Snowy Owl

Sorry for the late post...been a crazy day.  In short I found a Snowy Owl whilst guiding today on Skomer.  Alerted to its presence by 2 dive-bombing Great Black-backed Gulls, but I was not expecting to see this staring back at me!  On what was a 5-boat day for Skomer, needless to say many people connected with it, many were bemused, there were lots of smiles, 'wows' & references to Harry Potter....

Thankfully, despite being scattered to the 4 corners of the island, floating off it on a boat, and in Haverfordwest collecting supplies, all the island staff managed to connect with it as the day wore on.  I was even hugged by a certain Mr Stubbings!

Question is, is it the bird seen at the beginning of April at St. David's Head?  I'm too tired to carefully check the photos.....

The first photo was taken within a minute of finding it, more or less must have been the look on my face too....