Friday 10 December 2021

Haverfordwest and Brent Geese

Three Mediteranian Gull in School today, plus a yellow-ringed Black-headed Gull which was presumably the one I saw a few weeks ago and last winter, inevitably I coulden't read it. The Gulls are quite intresting, in school hours and especially at break times there are plenty about, but after school there are just about none, similar Pied Wagtails, after school hours prahaps 30 are around, but very few during the day. I imagine the Wagtails are more vunruble to disturbance, and the Black-headed Gulls enjoy stealing chips. 

On the walk home a Meadow Pipit had landed Jury Lane, not the first time I have seen this in this location. 

With regards to the Brent Goose, after I posted I read on the Avifauna about the Irish Ringing Project, and that many had been recorded in Pembrokeshire, although before today I didn't realise.